Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A vacation mishap

I finally got mostly caught up at work, not so overwhelmed but still a lot to do, but my scrap room is almost clean. I spent weeks procrastinating and finally forced myself to get in there. I'm really happy with how it's worked out. I'll post pictures soon so you can see it (clean).

Here's the latest on my parents 50th wedding anniversary and the vacation with my brother Bill:
My brother goes with them to Nascar (you have to buy tickets a year in advance). My parents are caravaning with some other motor homes and decide to leave a few days early so they can go to the Grand Canyon. They arrived late Sunday night. On Monday morning, my brother went outside to have a cup of coffee. He said he started to feel punky and went back inside, suddenly he started getting severe pain in his chest. They took him to the medical clinic at the Park, X-Rays revealed his lung collapsed. He had to be taken by ambulance 80 miles to a hospital in Flagstaff Arizona where he spent a whole 24 hours in the emergency room. They inserted a tube in his chest for the collapsed lung to refill. To make a long story a little shorter, the lung hasn't responded and they've admitted him into a room. They are meeting with the doctor to see what their options are. For those of you that know me, I am a control freak and I have always been the one to take care of family. This is really hard that he is so far away (14 hours driving) and I can't be there. I know how much he wants to go to see Nascar (racing is his life). It's gonna stink if they have to operate on him, it's bothering the heck out of me cause I'm the one who's usually the one people depend on. Urgh! Please send some healthy healing thoughts toward my brother.

No comments: