Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Jeremiah Chass



News article

Remember Jeremiah Chass? His life was taken during a confrontation with two sheriffs deputies. I can't begin to understand how this young boy, a honors student in AP classes, an incredible athlete, changed and became part of a fatal confrontation. I don't blame him, I don't blame the deputies. Life happens, who am I to judge? I never met Jeremiah, didn't even know who he was until he was gone. My daughters knew him, and now they are amongst several hundred Analy students who miss someone they maybe didn't know very well.

Okay, here's the cool part. The students are working on creating a garden to remember Jeremiah. This is such a great idea! You don't have to have ever met Jeremiah to feel the loss of losing someone so young. I am a firm believer on enabling people to deal with what life sends them. I think this garden will help the students begin to heal, and to remember how precious life is.

No comments: